9/11/2010

How far

Today as everyone is posting reflections about those who died on 09/11/2001. Where they were, what they were doing, what they remember. I figured I would post some reflections of my own.

*Nine years ago I was 13 and in 8th grade.
*Today I am now 22, I am 2 classes short of a degree, and will soon have a full time job.

*Nine years ago I sat in my class room in a small catholic grade school watching in disbelief all the coverage on the television. My teacher, my 10 classmates, and I watched all day.
*Today I made care packages and talked to my brother and friends on the phone.

*Nine years ago my little brothers were 9 & 11 and in 4th and 6th grade. They had hot tempers and were always getting in fights.
*Today one is a Marine. He has been to war and come back a man. They both started their freshman year of college this week. They still have hot tempers and get in fights But they have grown so much.

*Nine years ago every member of my family, and all my friends were civilian or retired.
* Today in the Air force I have, Jacob, Giana, Kelsey, Katherine.
In the Marines I have, Kyle, Brian, Carl, Mark, Justin, Ross, Ryan, Nate, and Steve.
In the Army I have, Shauna, Travis, Rob, Alex, Caitlin, James, Bob,and Eric.
In the Navy I have Jeremiah, Rebecca, and Travis.

These people are friends, uncles, cousins, fathers, brothers, sisters, mothers, aunts. These are the people I call and send care packages to on this day. The people I am so proud to say I know.

On this day I remember the events that brought me and all the people I care about to this point. However I celebrate the people that were willing to give up what they had in order that I remain free.

No comments:

Post a Comment